Sunday 26 August 2012

jubilee mini book and lay out, inc free Jubilee printables

We had such a great time during the queens jubilee in June.
 We met up with friends for a street party....
We played good old fashioned games such as egg and spoon race, three legged race, and the sack race.
We all had so much fun and got quite competitive!
 
 I decided to make a mini book for our friends to thank them for such a great day :) XX
 
I cut two sheets of white card stock into 6x6" squares for the base of my book.
 
 
 
I went through my stash and collected anything red, white and blue.
The bird is from a free printable by www.weebirdy.com
They are cupcake toppers and cake banners which were perfect for this project.
 
 
I used collage photos 6x4" from snap fish and had them printed with blue and red boarders.
 

 
I made bunting from paper scraps cut into triangles.
TIP- add some faux stitching with a black pen for some detail.
I also drew on the string.
 
 
I made paper flags from triangles of paper and glued onto cocktail sticks.


I love pin wheels and decided to add one as we had been taught to make them at the June Papermaze crop. We used pentagons and cut towards the centre, folded in the points and finished with a button :)
 
 
 
I left a blank page for my friends to add their own journaling.
My friend Chelle pictured above made this fantastic cake for everyone.....
when cut the cake it's self was red, white and blue so cool!!!
 
My friend loved it x
 
 
Below is the Papermaze June crop kit... 
 I made my page into a double layout so I could incorporate more photos.
 
 
Here is the 2nd half of my layout that I made...
 
 
I tried to keep the pages similar by using a pin wheel and bunting on the  2nd page.
 
Here it is altogether :)
 
 
Follow the link below for free PDF printable!!!
 
 
Thanks for looking
Sadie x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sadie..

    Great mini album, looks like you all had a fabbie day, love how u have used all the jubilee colours, must say, the cake looks yummy too lol...

    I love to make mini albums, great fun, u can cram so much in them..

    You mentioned a bind it all machine, i have one of those, which i love, really am gonna give some more scrap booking a go, u are inspring me, lol..

    Hope your enjoying the holidays, i know i am, and will be very sad to see them go back..

    Take care.

    Snuggles Angel xx

    ReplyDelete